Saturday 5 May 2007

Abortion


This is always going to be a controversial topic to discuss as so many people have different views on it. I am not against abortion for other people if that is what is right for them, although it is not something I would do myself.


I believe it is everyone's choice whether they have an abortion or not, and for what reasons they have one. I can understand that it is an extremely difficult decision to make for anyone and there are a whole range of reasons one would go ahead with an abortion. I have sympathy for anyone having to make this decision.


In my opinion if an unborn baby has a disability that would make a relatively 'normal' life difficult then an abortion is probably fairer. If a woman has an abortion because she and her sexual partner were lazy about contraception and she does not want a baby, then in my view she should in future learn to be more careful, but if an unborn baby is not wanted, it is cruel to allow it to be born into such an environment.


People need better and more available sex education to prevent unwanted pregnancies. We can't just go around creating new life and then discarding it as we please.

No comments: